See a class or program you like? Sign-up today using our online registration.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
- Divisions:Aquatic Classes
- Phone:(954) 345-2121
Session May 8th -12th
Monday through Friday• 9 a.m. -3 p.m. • Cost -$235
Candidates for Lifeguard Training must meet the following prerequisites:
• This course is designed for ages 15 and older.
• Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
• Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl, breaststroke,
or a mix of each of them
• In 1 min 40 sec, swim 20 yards, then surface dive in water at least 7ft. deep
to retrieve a 10 lb. object and return to surface; exit water without stairs or ladder.
• Must pass pre-test before registering.
(Pretest can be taken at the Aquatic Complex Tuesday-Friday from 11 :30 a.m. -6:30 p.m.)
• Attendance is mandatory
Certification Includes latest American Red Cross Training for 2 years:
• Lifeguard Training
• CPR for the Professional Rescuer
• First Aid
• Preventing disease transmission
• Managing spinal injury
• Surveillance Techniques
• Use of rescue equipment for water rescues
• Swim assists
• Bleeding Control
12441 Royal Palm Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33065 • 954-345-2121