The Communications Unit serves the City of Coral Springs by processing both emergency and non-emergency service calls for police, fire and rescue. The unit was CALEA accredited in November 2007.
The center employs 37 highly trained communications professionals who use the latest technology to dispatch and track responding units. Service is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- For emergencies, dial 9-1-1.
- For non-emergency service, call (954) 344-1800.
Some of the latest technology includes:
- Motorola P25 800MHz Trunked Radio System
- West Enhanced 911 System
- Superion Public Safety ONESolution Computer Aided Dispatch System
- Mapping Including LCD Displays through Superion’s ONESolution Computer Aided Dispatch System
- Automatic Vehicle Location through the GPS located on Motorola Handheld Radios
- Superion’s Public Sector ONESolution MCT Mobile Field Reporting Application
- Viking Acoustical Ergonomic Furniture
Our hiring process using the CALEA accreditation: Download Communication Accreditation
Kathy Liriano - Communications Administrator