Coral Springs residents can drop off certain household hazardous waste, such as paint, electronics, and fluorescent lights (only) on the first Saturday of every month at the Waste Transfer Station at the end of Wiles Road at NW 126 Avenue. The next date available for drop off is Saturday, June 7. Two forms of I.D. showing a Coral Springs address are required (driver license, plus bill, registration, etc.).
The cities of Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Tamarac, Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach have also established a cooperative agreement that will allow City residents several opportunities to dispose the full range of materials at special one-day events throughout the year. Upcoming events are:
• June 7, Fort Lauderdale, 2201 NW 9 Avenue (Mills Pond Park)
• August 2, Fort Lauderdale, 2201 NW 9 Avenue (Mills Pond Park)
• September 13, Coconut Creek, 4800 W. Copans Road
• November 8, Pompano Beach, 1660 NE 10 Street
• December 6, Tamarac, 6011 Nob Hill Road
Remember, residents are not allowed to drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal. If you have any questions, please call Public Works at 954-344-1165.