To provide effective and timely legal representation and
advice to the City Commission and City administration.
This office zealously represents the City in legal
controversies and is committed to implementing the City
Commission’s policy of minimizing exposures and potential
Core Processes and Outputs
Research and Counsel
- Represent the City Commission, City administration, and
all assigned boards and committees in all matters of law
pertaining to their official duties.
- Provide legal services for City Commission and operating
- Attend City Commission and subordinate agency
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, contracts and other
documents in a timely fashion.
- Prepare approximately 50 resolutions and 50 ordinances annually.
Litigation and Municipal Violation Prosecution
- Review and prepare contracts and agreements within
a short time frame to ensure contract compliance
without vendor inconvenience.
- Prepare and/or review approximately 200 agreements,
contracts, and leases annually.
- Advise on statutory matters and handle litigation.
- Appear in State and Federal court on behalf of the City.
- Bring about preventive approaches to limiting risk.
- Participate in and present continuing legal updates to
- Participate in employment/administrative matters.
- Aggressively enforce the Florida Contraband Forfeiture
Note: Acrobat Reader is required to open and download pdf format files. Acrobat Reader is a free download and can be found here: Click to Download the latest version of Adobe Reader
John J. Hearn
City of Coral Springs
9551 West Sample Rd
Coral Springs, FL 33065
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.